1. What are cookies?
2. Which cookies do we use?
3. What happens if I opt out of cookies?
4. How do I opt out of cookies?
a. Opting out of cookies in Internet Explorer
b. Opting out of cookies in Safari
c. Opting out of cookies in Google Chrome
d. Opting out of cookies in Mozilla Firefox
e. Opting out of cookies in Opera 6.0
f. Opting out of cookies in AOL
g. Opting out of Flash Cookies
5. Further Information
What are cookies?
Cookies are small encrypted text files that are stored on your computer or other device (such as smart phones or tablets) when visiting a website. Cookies are essential to effective operations on our website as they help tailor products and services and increase ease of access by remembering various items.
It is possible to turn off your cookies through your website browser settings however this will affect the functionality and experience of our site.
We are becoming increasingly transparent to meet our customers’ needs and recent legislation.
Which cookies do we use?
We have categorised our cookies into two sections; First and Third party cookies.
First Party Cookies
Mole Country Stores does not use first party cookies as those are essential for shopping basket and sign-in functions
Third party cookies
Cookie Name Cookie Purpose
Google Analytics :-
__utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmz Google Analytics stores the type of referral information in a cookie and establishes using two cookies a session.
What happens if I opt out of cookies?
As Mole Country Stores is a non-transactional site, you will be able to browse our website at ease.
How do I opt out of cookies?
Opting out of cookies in Internet Explorer
1. Click on ‘Tools’ at the top of your browser window
2. Click on ‘Internet options’
3. Click the ‘Privacy’ tab
4. Move the slider to choose your settings
Opting out of cookies in Safari
1. Click on the Cog icon at the top of your browser window and select the ‘Preferences’ option
2. Select ‘Security’
3. Cookie settings are shown
4. Choose your settings
Opting out of cookies in Google Chrome
1. Click on the ‘Tools’ menu
2. Select ‘Options’
3. Click the ‘Under the Bonnet’ tab
4. Click ‘Content settings’
5. Click the ‘Cookie settings’ tab and choose your settings
Opting out of cookies in Mozilla Firefox
1. Click on ‘Menu’ then ‘Options’
2. Select ‘Privacy’
3. Select ‘Cookies’
4. Choose your settings
Opting out of cookies in Opera 6.0
1. Choose the menu ‘Files’
2. Select ‘Preferences’
3. Select Privacy
Opting out of cookies in AOL
1. From the AOL toolbar, select ‘Settings’
2. Select ‘Internet Options’
3. Select ‘Use your Internet Explorer Settings to set advanced browser options’
4. Select the ‘Privacy’ tab
5. Select ‘Advanced’
6. Deselect override automatic cookie handling button
7. Choose your settings
Opting out of Flash Cookies
If you’d like to control the use of these cookies, Adobe’s website offers tools to do this. If you are using Mozilla Firefox to browse the internet, you can use an add-on to find and delete flash cookies.
If you would like more information about cookies in general and how to manage cookies please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.